Monday, October 27, 2008

life since london

many things have happened in my life since i got back from london, and it all started at the end of my 24 hour long voyage back to the good old state of utah. when i got to the slc airport at 12:30 am, dave was waiting to pick me up. we were exchanging gifts a few hours later, and then last one he had was my engagement ring. i said yes, and then we watched a meteor shower until 4 am.

life was crazy planning the wedding, but fun. i eventually withdrew from all my classes at byu becuase i was failing most of them and figured that i would be taking them next semester even if i took them during this one. so i deferred and looking back, it was one of the best decisions!

the night before the wedding my sister's and i had a "bachelorette" party where we waxed, painted nails, and ate cheesecake. that night as i was going to bed it really hit me that i was changing my life forever and all of the nervousness set in. i got about 2 hours of sleep, but felt much better in the morning :)

we got married oct. 16 on a gorgeous thursday morning. the weather was perfect. many friends and family came to the temple and were patient enough so wait an 1 1/2 hours for pictures to be done. then we had the luncheon and later that night the reception. everything went perfectly :) dave's neice and nephew even became friends with mine!

now i am married and all is well. life is great and i don't have to say goodbye to my best friend anymore! we live in orem about 10 min. away from byu. i got a second job working part time seasonal at the distribution center in orem, as i have free time from the lack of school. we are slowly getting our apt. put together and getting into a schedule.

to sum it all up: life is great!

3 comments:

rachel said...

Yea for a post! Can we come see you on Sunday??

Ann-Marie Photography said...

I'm so glad you are married :0) I am calling you tomorrow. I hope your chicken cooked well. I think when I come home for Karens wedding I will bring all my recipes.
love you

Kim said...

WHAT! I have been so out of the loop. You finally got married, eh? Congrats! We need to go on a double date sometime - or even just a girls' night out. :-)

About Me

We have been married since October 16, 2008 and our lovely Kathryn was born April 26, 2010.